Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Fingerprints - which ones matter?

I enjoy the TV show CSI (Crime Scene Investigation). Many times the work of the CSIs is to lift every piece of evidence including the fingerprints. Most finger prints are simply taken and dismissed but there is usually one that starts connecting the dots for the mystery or crime to be solved.
The fingerprints that mattered.
Much of our days are honestly lived disconnected. We go here for this errand, we meet this person, we work with people we don't really know, we hope tomorrow will be different than today. Then we do it all over again. Living like this is not bad it is kind of just how it is. The problems come when we start drawing conclusions about life and our existence based on this perceived disconnected monotony.
When the crimes are being solved on CSI there is always the apparent perpetrator based on the surface review of the scene; however, the deeper the investigators go the true perpetrator is revealed.
So, my thought is this: Whose fingerprints really matter? The true perpetrator's.
I am beginning to see that the disconnected events of my day are not so disconnected. If I begin to look more closely and more intently and more reflectively on my day I am finding God's fingerprints. As see God's finger print in one aspect of the day I soon recognize His fingerprint on another place in the day. God's fingerprints connect the dots of His redemptively work in my life throughout the events of my day.
Reflecting on the day or yesterday I begin to see how God was guiding but because of my distraction and the seeming disconnectedness of the day I missed it.
Be a lifter of fingerprints especially God's - life starts to make sense.
The True Purposer.
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

No comments: