Thursday, July 7, 2011

Discovering God in the Creases

This thought has captured my meditation in the last few days:
"God is in the creases of every day and our enjoyment of Him and His joy over us is known as we endeavor to discover Him in the creases as each movement of the day unfolds into His sovereign purpose for our life"

What if every moment we believed that God would be revealed to us in the next moment as it unfolds? What we actually believed HE is with us and will be with us in each moment?  Not the general, "I believe God is with me"; but, the He is with me and speaking to me His glorious perspective of redeeming all through His precious Son, Jesus, my savior by the ever present Holy Spirit of whom I am a habitation.

I like order but life is always moving forward.  Life by definition makes it difficult to maintian order. There always seems to be another wrinkle or fold.  So I have a choice.  Do I curse the wrinkles and folds of life that conceal from sight the next moment or do I move forward with life living with expectancy of how the wrinkle or fold will allow me maybe even propell me into another glorious facet of God and knowing His presence differently.  What if God so wanted to reveal himself to me in greater fullness that each fold was a new opportunity that He designed to show me (maybe grant me a revelation) Himself.  Take peace for instance, I assume God is peace, yet there is peace in the tranquil moments of life like holding a new born and then there is peace like in the eye of the storm.  Peace is peace but knowing peace in each circumstance requires a new circumstance.  Could each circumstance of life be an engagement of my soul into a new revelation of Him whom I will never fully comprehend?  Why would I fear Him who has extinguished the fullness of His wrath on His beloved Son, that I might become his son of favor?

The creases of the day become gifts to the soul.  Lord, grant me this perspective of life.  Who are you wanting to be with each unfolding moments.  You are the only one who loves perfectly.  I receive your embrace and respond with an embrace.

No comments: